Microsoft Power Tools
For the techies that used Windows 95 in 1995, they may recall Microsoft Power Tools. Those were a bunch of freeware tools that did not go in the main operating system but were providely seperated for “produtivity purposes”, such as CD Auto Play, Explorer from Here, Send to X, etc. Well, Microsoft has done it again with Windows 10, and the new utilities are awesome! The Power Toys are available at https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys.
- Fancy Zone that you can use to move Windows across different parts of the screens. This is perfect for those with two monitors and need to organize all those windows that are open all at once.
- Power Rename to rename a bunch of files all at once
- An updated File Explorer that you can use to view Markdown and SVG files
- Image Resizer for quickly resizing images
- Window Walker to let you search and switch between open windows
Fancy Zones is by far my favorite especially when I am multitasking. Check it out on github powertoys
tags: retro - productivity